Final Roll Call: Bidding Adieu to 25 Years of Eurocon Fun

Moderator: postme

stevie

Final Roll Call: Bidding Adieu to 25 Years of Eurocon Fun

Post by stevie » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:56 pm

Hey everyone,

So, it's official – this year marks the end of Eurocon as we know it. And as we come together for one last hurrah, there's this mix of emotions swirling around – you know, the kind where you're happy-sad? Yeah, that's what's in the air.

We're taking a trip down memory lane, reminiscing about all the good times we've shared. And let me tell you, I'm feeling pretty darn grateful for the friendships we've built along the way. This isn't just any old get-together; it's a chance for us to celebrate the connections that have shaped our lives and wave goodbye to an era filled with laughs and adventures.

The Eurocon has been the heart and soul of our gaming crew for a solid 25 years now. We've laughed until we cried, shed a tear or two, and raised our glasses to celebrate victories – both big and small. It's been a rollercoaster ride for sure.

And the best part? It's all because of you guys.

As we come together for one final bash, let's soak up every last second. Let's swap stories, laugh until our bellies ache, and hold onto the memories we've made. It makes me happy to know that the spirit of Eurocon will live on in our hearts forever.

So here's to us, to the countless memories we've made, and to whatever adventures lie ahead.

Cheers to the last Eurocon – may it be the best one yet!
stevie
CO 1st.ROF Netherlands 322 Sqn.RAF
"Niet praten, maar doen!"

fdski

Re: Final Roll Call: Bidding Adieu to 25 Years of Eurocon Fun

Post by fdski » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:06 pm

oh come on, breaking my heart here.

This has been a steady feature for so many years.... i know it takes a toll on you guys so maybe we can do it every 3 years or so ? I hate a thought that i won't see your ugly faces again...

Tomkin

Post by Tomkin » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:25 am

Dear Friends,
im looking forward to see you this year on the very last Eurocon.
Since i visited the Con the first Time in 2007 i missed it only when my Father died and when Covid struck us.
The Eurocon, meeting Friends was my Highlight of the Year since then.
I will terribly miss it.
Thank you for all the Years preparing this Gathering, organizing all the funny Events and creating memories that will last.
See you all in May, stay safe
Tomkin

Kippari

Post by Kippari » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:11 pm

After all these years I am happy to come and see all of YOU at least once again. I have missed some Eurocons but what has gone has gone, can't help it. For us it has been so easy to come and go because of the work made by the veterans through these years.
As Tomkin writes I have nothing more or less to write or say.
Kippari

Miro

Post by Miro » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

Hi, thats really sad. I dont like saying goodbye.. never. So I will act in my own way and ask is any possibility to revert this and still keep the flame burning??

fdski

Post by fdski » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:21 am

will there be goodbye t-shirts and hoodies ? ;(